Hart District Chaperone/Volunteer Clearance
The process for gaining the required certification by the William S. Hart District can take some time, so you are wise to get started now! We hope that the brief instructions provided below will ease the process and ensure successful certification.
1. Go to the William S. Hart District Website Volunteer Page.
a. From main Hart District Home Page (www.hartdistrict.org) Scroll across the home page to “Community.” Scroll to the “Volunteer” at the bottom of the column and click on it.
2. Go to the bottom of the page to where it says “Forms.” Click on “Volunteer Fingerprint Application.”
3. At the bottom of the application, you will find the required forms and documentation.
To complete the Sexual Harassment Training Program, you will need to go in to see or send an email to Tami Smith in the VHS Office. She will provide you the required on-line codes. Tami may be reached at [email protected]. Tami can also help you with any questions if you get stuck at any point in the process.
4. Once you have completed all of the forms, taken care of your TB Skin Test, and completed the Sexual Harassment Training, you will contact Tami Smith once again to secure the VHS Administrative Approval and required Signatures. You will then be able to contact the District Office to schedule your finger printing. The processing fee of $65 is payable by the Volunteer. Tami Smith can help with any questions that you may have.
District-Approved Driving Certification
1. If you are interested in attaining district-approved driving certification, the fee is $85. The list of forms needed for a driving certification can be found in the same location as the chaperone forms.
Please let us know if you decide to pursue this volunteer opportunity so that we can keep track of your progress. We appreciate your willingness to share of your time, energy and effort for the betterment of the VHS Marching Band & Color Guard program.